Why Sports Massage?
Sports massage differs from other forms by focusing on the cause of muscle injury. The intention is to alleviate pain but also help to prevent further injuries. Preventative maintenance is a component part of sports massage.
The Benefits of Sports Massage
- Increases range of motion and enhances muscle tone
- Treats the whole body so assisting balance
- Inflammation and swelling is reduced so alleviating pain
- Sports massage promotes healing as the blood flow is increased. Further nutrients are carried to muscles and toxins are removed
- The muscle processes of contraction are promoted due to the release of tension. Muscles can then relax
- Stimulates circulation and the release of endorphins, giving natural pain relief. The removal of toxins is increased through the skin as circulation is improved
- Maintains better physical condition in the horse’s whole body